FieldCrumpets Talk Forum Index FieldCrumpets Talk
Everything there is to talk about Field Crumpets (And then some)

FAQFAQ   Search   Memberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Register 
 Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 

Fraser Lawn

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FieldCrumpets Talk Forum Index -> Crumpets Talk
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Should we play on Fraser Lawn?
No
 0%  [ 0 ]
Yes
 100%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 3

ku packman

Posted: Wed Oct 15, 2003 1:46 pm    Post subject: Fraser Lawn Reply with quote

Peter and I played frisbee catch up on Fraser Lawn last night, and we both decided that this would be an ideal location to play crumpets. Here's why:

Size: the size of the lawn is just about right for a crumpets field

Grass: the grass is softer and more lush than the Allen Fieldhouse 'desert'

Slope: even more flat than Allen Fieldhouse lawn.

Trees: the tall ones hang over the field, so they are a presence to be reckoned with. They also provide shade and weather protection

Wind: because of the trees and mammoth fraser hall, the lawn seems pretty protected from the wind.

Location: it's still on campus, and on Sunday afternoons, parking shouldn't be that big of a problem.

Visibility: lots of people walk by on the sidewalks or drive by on Jayhawk Blvd.

Character: this place is just large enough to fit a crumpets field, and with the trees and shrubs around, it just feels more cozy of a place to play.

We should try the location out at least once. Just my opinion. Peter thinks so too. Thanks for listening.

--patrick
Visit poster's website
Sumobob2

Posted: Wed Oct 15, 2003 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm all for trying it out. The principle concerns for me would be...

1) The vicinity of traffic. With how frequently the ball goes out of bounds, we want to be sure that we leave plenty of room for it to roll around in the grass before it gets to the street.

2) Is there enough room for a second field, if needed? It doesn't happen all the time, but it's becoming more regular that we get enough people to have two games going. By the way, I'm of the opinion that 12 people is enough to be playing two games, but that's a discussion for another forum. Anyway, if we had to split into two fields, could we do it at Frasier Hall?

That said, we should try it sometime. Perhaps we could try it on a day other than a regular Sunday afternoon game so as not to confuse new players by switching around all the time. If we like it, we'll make the move, but I'd like to make the move once instead of being in a different place every week.
Site Admin

Posted: Wed Oct 15, 2003 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also would want to know about parking and whatnot... I don't have any idea where this field is, but does it have enough parking around to handle the many cars that we bring to a crumpet match?
melruth

Posted: Mon Oct 20, 2003 1:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

as to parking by fraser....there is plenty of room! Lots of parallel parking available. There are a couple small parking lots behind Fraser, off of Lilac Lane (and Lilac Lane is off of Jayhawk Blvd). I am definetely up for Crumpets on the Fraser lawn. I agree very much with Patrick. The grass is very lush. And I don't think we'd have to worry about the ball going into the street. That's just my opinion.

Posted: Mon Oct 27, 2003 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Parking at the union garage is free on the weekends, it's pretty close to fraser and there's a ton of spots there.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FieldCrumpets Talk Forum Index -> Crumpets Talk All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: