FieldCrumpets Talk Forum Index FieldCrumpets Talk
Everything there is to talk about Field Crumpets (And then some)

FAQFAQ   Search   Memberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Register 
 Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 

Happy Birthday, fieldcrumpets.com!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FieldCrumpets Talk Forum Index -> Crumpets Talk
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Was the first year as good for you as it was for me?
OH YES!!!! DON'T STOP!!!
 83%  [ 5 ]
It was good. Call me again sometime.
 0%  [ 0 ]
I've had better.
 0%  [ 0 ]
Yeah, it was ok. But I was faking it.
 16%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 6

Sumobob2

Posted: Tue Jan 20, 2004 9:51 pm    Post subject: Happy Birthday, fieldcrumpets.com! Reply with quote

Well, it's been a year since the site went up. Who would believe it? It actually feels like it's been much, much, much longer. Anyway, I wanted to start this thread so that we could talk about the site, and the game. I want us all to reminisce about the fun crumpets events that have happened this year, some of the not fun events, and I'd like to hear what people like and dislike about the site. I'll go ahead and start us off with a fiew things in each category of my own.

I have several favorite crumpet memories from this past year. One of them is the couple of times that we had so many crumpeters that we actually had to split into multiple games so that everyone could effectively play. That was really cool. I also liked it when the lady from Wisconsin e-mailed me asking how to get crumpet sticks so she could teach her friends. Thirdly, it was pretty darned exciting when I found out that we had achieved official club status. Lastly, and perhaps most fondly, I remember Patrick Nuss trying to score a goal against my team. My teammate was out of the picture, and I'd already thrown my stick. So I got down on my hands and knees, and headed the ball over to where my stick was so that I could steal the goal from his proverbial jaws.

In less fun events, I think we can all look back with fondness upon the massive ongoing argument we had about stick-throwing. It's nice to know that that's mostly behind us now.

Things I like about the site...I enjoy posting things for you guys. It's a welcome break from normal work. I also really enjoy reading everyone's posts on the message boards (hint: that means reply to this post!!). Finally, I'm really pleased with the new layout. For those who remember the old layout, the background was gawdy, we didn't have the sleek columns, and the Iowa State link was cluttering up the main page. The new one is much nicer. Thanks to Greg for much of that.

Finally, things I don't like. I am getting very sick of all the promises I keep making and breaking. A couple of weeks until the Field Crumpets Equipment is in the new player's page? Right. What's it been, a month and a half now? And where's our voting page!!!??? Well, it's on my KU account, but nobody has permission to access that right now (myself included). Sorry about those things. I'll try to do better on them in the future.

I hope to see you all on the crumpets field this sunday. Have a great first day of classes!

Robbie

Posted: Tue Feb 10, 2004 1:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow. I'll keep on with the reminiscing. Although I don't have much to reminisce about, as I only started playing crumpets in august.

I remember my first time at crumpets...i was very very very nervous. One: I was meeting a vast majority of Robbie's friends OUTSIDE of Murphy hall. Two: I'm somewhat self-conscious around people I don't know. Three: Trying new things makes me nervous. Four: I wasn't sure exactly how I'd feel, running around a field with an orange wiffle ball bat chasing a ball with Elmo on it. Five: The fact that EVERYONE had to be goalie scared the, well, scared me.

Holy cow, what was I, crazy??? I had no reason to be nervous. One: Most of Robbie's friends are awesome. Two: I'm still slightly self-conscious of what others think of me, but the way I figure is, if they don't like who I am, then what should I care? Three: Trying new things still make me nervous. Four: EVERYONE was running around the field with an orange wiffle ball bat and chasing a ball with Elmo on it!!! Five: Hm, I didn't start liking the goalie position until I played that one day at LMS. And I actually blocked shots fairly well.

Now, I am in love...with a game called Crumpets. It is my stress relief. (Sometimes. Sometimes it may give me a little more stress than I had, but I need to get over that). If anything, Crumpets is a way to let out pent-up energy. And my one chance at working out every week.

ooh, and....I am really likin' playing goalie. Even though I get scored on (and that's inevitable), I like being goalie. Possibly as much as playing forward and scoring goals.

I feel that I have improved overall in the game of crumpets these past, eh, 6 months or so.

To the fellow people who invented this game: thank you for your creativeness!

Mel

PS I like the website. IT NEEDS MORE PICTURES! and my profile.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FieldCrumpets Talk Forum Index -> Crumpets Talk All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: