FieldCrumpets Talk Forum Index FieldCrumpets Talk
Everything there is to talk about Field Crumpets (And then some)

FAQFAQ   Search   Memberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Register 
 Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 

Kansan article

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FieldCrumpets Talk Forum Index -> Crumpets Talk
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SombraAla
Site Admin

Posted: Fri Feb 20, 2004 2:37 pm    Post subject: Kansan article Reply with quote

Yea! Awesome article in the Kansan, first page teaser and everything. Ron did a great job, my only complaint might be that he did make it sound violent... and it might make some of the more timid people not want to play. I mean sure, it _is_ violent, but can't they figure that out by themselves? Not to mention you don't _need_ to be a part of the violence... usually you have to at least ask for it.

Anyways, who was that sexy man in the pictures there? OH, it was _ME_ awesome. I was in TWO pictures.. I'm just so photogenic it's not funny. I did ask to see if they had any more pictures (not just of me, although we all know I _am_ sexy and the camera loves me) so we may put them on the website.

Now if I can find my audio/video cable, I may be able to get the crumpets video finally put on the website.

Off a searching I go
Sumobob2

Posted: Sat Feb 21, 2004 10:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We already had one person go to the trouble of finding my e-mail address over the KU.edu search and e-mailing about crumpets. So the article has already paid off! Not to mention all the people I already know, and who used to play but don't really show up very often any more, who have been commenting.

Posted: Sat Feb 21, 2004 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think we should all call the Free For All and tell them the crumpets web address. It's a shame that they didn't give any definete info (ie, exact time on sundays and the website or Robbie's contact info) in the article. But it was pretty suhweet. Although I will say that I DO NOT use the Lord's name in vain. I was kinda put out that I was quoted saying something like that. OH well.

Posted: Mon Feb 23, 2004 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I e-mailed Ron and asked if he could put something in the Kansan that stated my e-mail address or our web address for everyone. He said that his original intent had been to include that information, but the editors ruled it out saying that it made it seem too much like an endorsement or a press release about crumpets. So that's where we stand on that. If people would like to call into the free for all and try to get the information added, I encourage you to do it, but I can't say for sure if it will work.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FieldCrumpets Talk Forum Index -> Crumpets Talk All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: