FieldCrumpets Talk Forum Index FieldCrumpets Talk
Everything there is to talk about Field Crumpets (And then some)

FAQFAQ   Search   Memberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Register 
 Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 

Lawrence news

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FieldCrumpets Talk Forum Index -> Crumpets Talk
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SombraAla
Site Admin

Posted: Tue Jun 22, 2004 10:27 pm    Post subject: Lawrence news Reply with quote

So after everyone was going their seperate ways today, the KC group were walking to their car when Lawrence News (channel 6?) slowly drove next to me until I looked over. The window was down and the guy in the truck said "your money or your life, I'm leaving with one of them...."

No, actually, that was a quote from a movie I (kinda) saw recently. This guy actually said "What do you call what you were doing?" I obviously told him Field Crumpets, we talked a little bit - he said that their sports group was pretty slow durring the summer and could probably pick up a story, he was there last week and told the sports group about us. I told him we were there Tuesdays at 6:30 - the originator was there and could answer questions, and we'd love to have a segment.

So I hope nobody minds - I invited lawrence news to our next tuesday outing. Let's see if they're cool like the Kansan or lame like Red Bull
ku packman

Posted: Wed Jun 23, 2004 12:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sweeet! oh please please please none of get hurt in Jeff City!
Visit poster's website
Sumobob2

Posted: Wed Jun 23, 2004 10:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's very cool! I hope they make it either next week or the following one, because I then have to miss three straight Tuesdays of crumpets to help out my dad at his office. Good job bringing in the newsies

Posted: Wed Jun 23, 2004 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you have to work that late, or is the office out of town?

Posted: Wed Jun 23, 2004 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm helping at the office in the afternoon, then I'm actually going with him to help him out with a seminar class he teaches in the evening.
Site Admin

Posted: Mon Jul 12, 2004 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, they did keep their promise, Lawrence news was there today and I hope that they got a good story out of it. Lawrence natives should keep an eye out for the broadcast and tape it if they can, I'm not sure when it'll air though.
Sumobob2

Posted: Thu Jul 15, 2004 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The crumpets club will be on Channel 6 News, Lawrence tonight at 6, 10 and midnight. If you can't catch it there, the story should also be on their web page tomorrow (www.6newslawrence.com).

Posted: Thu Jul 15, 2004 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can someone record it? Or find someone to record it? I'd look it up online, but I think it would kill our computer. Or the computer would kill the website.

Posted: Thu Jul 15, 2004 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice news story! The footage revealed some interesting things...

1) Once, when I hit the ball, it paused for 5 seconds, all blurry, and then it continued moving (technical difficulties for sure).

2) Remember that amazing, goal-saving, stickless, sliding grabbing-the-ball-with my feet move that I made as goalie? The one right in front of the goal that led to Joe beating on me and then resulting in an illegal trapping foul, which eventually the defense finally turned away?

Anyway, according to the instant replay... that should have been a goal, barely. at least half of the ball crossed the line, but the jumble of people was so chaotic that it was never seen by the naked eye. but man, that whole TV thing, that's pretty solid evidence! Robbie, you should give the team that point!

3) Aw, there was no mention of the website or when we play so I don't know how many new people will arrive via the newscast.

Still, it was very nice to see everyone having a good time playing crumpets on TV.
Visit poster's website
melruth

Posted: Thu Jul 15, 2004 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is so blasted hard to get ahold of people. Anyways, I finally got in touch with a music ed friend (andy) and he said he could record it for me! Isn't that GREAT?!?!?!?! yeah, so Patrick...good observations. I'm excited to see the footage.

Posted: Fri Jul 16, 2004 7:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

Anyway, according to the instant replay... that should have been a goal

we knew it, didn't we, precioussssss? yessssssss.... tricksy, false... yummy *hisses*
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FieldCrumpets Talk Forum Index -> Crumpets Talk All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: